Is your job starting to feel like a dysfunctional and semi-destructive relationship?
You think it is ok for now but then you realize how bad it really is but then something good happens and you’re back to thinking, “Well, it’s not that bad.” You’re beginning to wonder if you have multiple personality disorder.
You realize it’s just that you’re not sure what you really want in the first place, so a little something-something seems better than nothing.
You’ve put on some ‘relationship’ weight and your friends don’t want to hang out with you much anymore because all you talk about is your job and how much you don’t like it but you don’t know what else to do. Then you spiral into the paralysis of analysis and your friends look at you with that look of, yea, we’ve heard this story a million times already, leave the job already.
The more you think about it, the more you realize this job is more like a marriage than a dating relationship.
You know you should ‘break up’ with your job but at the same time, it feels safe and familiar. You’ve invested so much time and energy that it’s hard to let go when you don’t know where you want to go from here.
You also have created strong relationships with the people you work with and it makes you sad to leave them behind.
And what about the hassle of dividing the assets – thinking about it gives you a headache.
The question is how long do you want to stay in the land of confusion? How long have you already spent there? How much time and energy are you wasting living in uncertainty and discontent?
Take this quiz to see if you have any of the signs that it might be time to break up with your job:
- I have dreamed up illnesses that I would rather have than go to work.
- I sometimes hope I get in a fender bender on the way to work.
- I feel like I have to walk on eggshells if I arrive after a certain time (7:00, 7:30, 8:00am) or if I have to leave a minute or two before 5:00 or 6:00pm or 7:00pm, which makes me feel like I’m back in middle school, fearing detention.
- There’s an unspoken contest going on about who works the most hours and I don’t even want that trophy.
- I’ve starting to wonder if I have a split personality disorder as I often vacillate between saying, “It’s not that bad,” to “I can’t do this for even one more day.”
- The Sunday night blues begin on Sunday morning, and often include the consumption of alcoholic beverages to dull the pain of having to return to work the next day.
- Living for the weekend is starting to lose its luster, as I’m so exhausted and burnt out by then that I don’t have energy to do much of anything.
- I often tell myself and my friends, “I’m too young to feel this old.”
- My health and fitness are on a steady decline or are no longer even a part of my vocabulary.
- I often ask myself, “Isn’t there more to life than this?” and I hear Bjork singing in the background.
If you answered yes to at least one of these questions, it is time for an intervention! My six-week one-on-one mentorship program, The Breakthrough Sessions, is just what you need.
Don’t wash your hands of 2016 just yet. There is still time to put the pieces together to ensure you start 2017 with clarity on where you want to go while taking inspired actions to get there.
Set yourself up to make 2017 your year.
Shift your gaze upward. You don’t have to go through another year going through the motions, nose to the grindstone, hoping it will somehow get better. You can choose to make it better by taking actions that align with what you desire.
Make this your last Christmas season doing work that is slowly stealing your spirit and draining your soul. Give yourself the gift of a fresh start, a new outlook, and a breakthrough plan.
Don’t spend another day trying to figure it out on your own, let alone another minute, wrestling the life out of your dream. It’s time to make it a reality. It’s time for a breakthrough.
My Six-Week Program – The Breakthrough Sessions is just what you need.
Sign up for my 6-week personalized one-on-one mentorship, the Breakthrough Sessions to:
– Get clear on where you want to go
– Build your action plan to move to the next job or career
– Create your exit strategy and timeline
Features of this program include:
- Six sessions over the course of six weeks – your first session is 1 1/2 hours to allow us to start strong and dive deep followed by five 45 minute sessions over the following five weeks (all sessions are conducted via audio/video conference so there is no need to travel or fight traffic to get somewhere at a specific time!)
- Signature welcome packet to get you started right away
- Email access in between sessions (Monday-Friday)
- Pre & Post Session Focus Briefs
- Whatsapp support for quick check-ins and questions
- All calls are recorded are sent to you after the session
- Expert support and high-level accountability
- Investment: $1080. $1080 paid in full or 2 payments of $603.
During the six weeks, we will focus on the following:
Clarity – Get clear on where you want to go. Prepare a plan to ensure you get there.
Mindset- Work on the mindset needed to shift from where you are to where you want to be. Implement a daily mindset practice.
Inspired Actions – After each session, you have a set of actions to take that align with your ultimate goal.
Support – You will receive high-level support to ensure you stay on track.
The Breakthrough Sessions: A 6-week one-on-one mentorship program
This is for you if:
- You have a specific goal you want to work on
- You have a specific desired outcome
- You would like high-level accountability and expert support to get you there quickly
- You want guidance on the right steps and actions that align with your desired goal
- You are ready to take action right away
- You are committed to doing this work and are ready to take radical self-responsibility
- You don’t want to put off getting what you want any longer
Get out of the paralysis of analysis. Jump on the phone or Skype with me to see if this program is right for you.
Here’s to breaking through to your best year yet!
Your breakthrough partner-in-crime,